What feature should LinkedIn implement to make it a more useful part of your online presence?
Answer by Arpana Prajapati:
Building more insightful Career Pages could save users a lot of time looking for information across the web, and make LinkedIn the default search platform for all-things-career. For example, current Product Management skills page could become even more valuable to me by displaying these additional insights:
- Product Managers that are 1st degree to me, PMs who worked at company as mine, PMs who went to the same school as mine.
- Adding an angle of mentorship. Allow people to indicate their interest in mentoring career aspirants.
- LinkedIn Search trends for Product Management. LinkedIn Employment trends for PM. Projections. Ranking against other MBA career options.
- Courses taken by such professionals across Lynda, Udacity, Coursera, EdX, as indicated on their LinkedIn profile.
- Trending careers based on post PM experience.
- More importantly, returning this career page on top of search results. I don’t see it in search at all, right now. I had to click on my skills to visit this page. See below
When thinking from all-things-career perspective, LinkedIn could also consider strategic capabilities around:
- Freelancing ecosystem such as UpWork.
- Crowdsourcing or Competition ecosystem such as Kaggle.
- Sales pipeline ecosystem.